- Book launch at Waterstones (video above)
- LSE Public lecture with Bev Skeggs and Alpa Shah, available to watch or listen
- Shortlisted for The Thinking Allowed Award for Ethnography 2017 and commended on BBC Radio 4 Thinking Allowed
- Co-winnner of the 2016 Labor History Best Book prize
Reviews of the book:
- Review 31 by Benjamin Noys
- Financial Times
- Times Higher Education
- Jordan Times
- Manchester Review of Books
- Red Pepper, April/May 2017 print
- Praktyka Teoretyczna by Justyna Zielińska and Jacek Zych
- Work, Employment and Society by Julie Monroe
- Etnografia e Ricerca Qualitativa, 2017, by Gianmarco Navarini.
- Canadian Journal of Sociology/Cahiers canadiens de sociologie, 2018, by Martha Crowley
- Contemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews, 2018, by Jeffrey J. Sallaz
- Rassegna italiana di Scociologia, 2018, Giovanna Fullin
- Sociologie du Travail by Jérôme Cihuelo.
- Marx and Philosophy, by Robert Ovetz
- Capital and Class, by Alejandro Castillo and Nicolás Ratto
- BBC Radio 4 PM Interviewed about call centres on the 2nd May
- BBC Radio 2 Interviewed by Jeremy Vine on the 5th May
- BBC Radio 2 Interviewed by Jeremy Vine on the 31st August
- Jacobin with Jaswinder Blackwell-Pal
- Discover Society with Mark Carrigan
- Vice with Kit Caless
- ROAR Magazine with Immanuel Ness
- The Sociological Imagination with Mark Carrigan
- Elite Franchise
- Elite Business
- Audio Interference as part of the Interference Archive in New York
- New Books Network interviewed by Dave O'Brien
Accompanying pieces I have written:
- Economic Sociology and Political Economy 'Calling for Resistance: the Electronic Panopticon of Call Centers and the Neoliberal Future of Work'
- The Guardian - 'As a call centre worker I saw how employees are stripped of their rights'
- openDemocracy - 'End of the line: surveillance, precarity and resistance in the call centre', available narrated on curio.io here
- Mute - 'Automate this! Delivering resistance in the gig economy'
- LSE Department of Management Blog - Working the Phones.
- People Management - 'Opinion: What the gig economy can learn from call centre management'